Monday, November 2, 2009

Paranormal Activity

I have to say that I find myself checking corners and listening to every little sound in my house after seeing Paranormal Activity. My dumbass, went into that movie thinking it was real footage of a couple that really existed. The movie was about a young couple that lived in a house with a demonic spirit. The woman said the ghost or, whatever the hell it was, was following her since she was eight years old. Every time they would show them sleeping, I would get so scared because I didn't know what to expect. Each night it would get worse and worse. The shit that really freaked me out was when they put powder on the floor and the spirit left an E.T. foot print (I mean the thing had 3 toes) and how it straight up dragged her out of bed. Oren Peli, the director of the movie is genius, hands down! I've never been that scared in my life. Peli stated

“As is the case with films like ‘The Blair Witch Project’ and ‘Open Water,’ I wanted there to be only a little bit of blood in the movie. That’s the way I like scary movies; you don’t have to go over the top. In the same way, I wanted the sound effects to be subtle. We establish the drone of the room tone and then we document a low-frequency rumble, which is really all you need. The fact that we have a lot of scenes in the movie that are totally quiet forces the audience to be quiet and really pay attention to every little thing. Silence only emphasizes that little tap on the wall you know is not supposed to be there.”

All I have to say is, he definitely succeeded.

No comments: