Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekly Updates


Yesterday, I attended Charlotte Style Magazine's Fashion Industry Mixer. I met tons of people I plan to work with in the future. There were Boutique owners, stylists, event planners, publicists, brand managers, image consultants, photographers and make-up artists. In addition, there was also a panel of notable fashion industry professionals. These include Scott Cooper (Wilhelmnia Evolution), Fatima Butler (Celebrity Make-up Artist), Donna Livingston (DL Designs, Inc) and Tara Davis (Flow by Tara Davis). They each provided us with tips and the reality of entrepreneurship during this recession. This was an amazing event. We need more events like this in Charlotte. Thanks Bridgette!


This week has I've been pretty busy. Last weekend, on short notice, I was able to assist Cigi Guz with her Public Photo Shoot Project. She is the designer for The Flock Apparel. Be sure to check her out theflockapparel.com. I absolutely love her! She is so down to earth! Her line consists of simple basics, that are so cute and comfy. I was really psyched about her jewelry line, Revival. She modifies old vintage jewelry into one of kind pieces of art! Something I do almost everyday. I definitely plan to work with her and actually do some DIY Workshops at school, so AI students be sure to come to the Fashion Club meetings for updates! Oh yea, be sure to check out the photographer, Sara Renee @ sararenee.com...She's pretty dope!




Here are a couple of pieces from Revival that I am absolutely in love with...
Hand-painted Sea Dollar Necklace


Vintage Ring with a Mirror

No comments: